JOIN THE DISCUSSION
We recognize that there are many topics to discuss, however we are focusing on these four at this time. However we do make exceptions so contact the moderator.
At the heart of the arguments surrounding immigration matters is a fundamental tension between our desire to care for all persons and our respect for the rights of the state to establish laws, including economic policy. Both are legitimate impulses but their position, vis-à-vis each other, is subject to God’s principles extracted from the Scriptural narrative. We invite you to work together with us to help bring justice and compassion to the lives of people.
As Christians we recognize that every person is a child of God created in His image. However in this fallen world, and particularly in the United States, race has become a source of great injustice. This is due to a variety of reasons that we would like to understand and together create the kind of world that reflects God’s Kingdom come to earth.
Our sexuality has a tremendous impact on our lives, both physically and spiritually. The Free Methodist Church provides this online conversation in order for us to better understand the biblical instruction as well as the truth provided by reason, tradition and experience. Though at this time in our cultural history the questions often revolve around same-sex attraction or gender dysphoria, this conversation is open to all things sexual – from how to teach sexuality to how pornography or adultery has impact upon our sexual and relational lives.
WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP
Our Lord has gifted both men and women to do the work of leading the church. However, the result of the fall has been a male-dominated world that still has vestiges in the church. It is central to the Gospel that we become a church in which there are no distinctions between Greek or Jew, Slave or Free, Male or Female. We invite you to help us encourage and empower women to the highest levels of leadership within the denomination.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO POST A NEW THOUGHT, ARTICLE or PROVIDE A RESOURCE email it to: email@example.com. We welcome your input.
We invite everyone to become a part of this conversation and comment. Read the Moderator’s instructions and sign-in since this is not an anonymous place to post. If you have any questions you may contact the moderator: firstname.lastname@example.org..
This online conversation is provided by the Study Commission on Doctrine (SCOD) of the Free Methodist Church USA (FMCUSA). Our intention is not to limit discussion but to elevate it by assuring that God’s love and respect is always expressed. We will therefore post those comments which further our mutual understanding and assure that every person is being treated with dignity even when disagreement is being voiced. Specifically:
- The SCOD encourages respectful, intelligent and impassioned discussion and debate.
- The SCOD encourages a Wesleyan method of looking at the topic from a Scriptural perspective as well as that of Reason, Tradition and Experience.
- Any personal attack will keep the entire comment from being posted. This includes not only attacking others within this SCOD conversation but anyone within the larger secular or Christian world.
- Any libelous, defamatory, profane, vulgar, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, racially or ethnically objectionable comments will not be posted.
- Any invasion of another’s privacy or any post that emulates or pretends to be someone else will not be posted.
- This online conversation is not to be used to solicit or advertise personal blogs.
The SCOD, in our sole discretion, retains the right to remove individual posts or to revoke the access privileges of anyone who we believe has violated any of these standards.